JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Volunteers are needed for the 24th annual St. Johns River Celebration cleanup event.
Participants will spend the morning collecting litter and debris from 34 different sites around the city.
The event will take place Saturday, March 16. The clean up will be from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and the volunteer appreciation event will be from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at the Riverside Arts Market.
Last year, 568 volunteers collected more than 10 tons of bagged litter, debris and tires in one morning at various sites in Duval County.
For more information or to register call (904) 255-8276 or visit www.coj.net.
St. Johns River Celebration 2019 Cleanup Sites:
Arlington/Beaches – 8 - 11 a.m.
- Arlington Lions Club Park, 4221-1 Richard Denby Gatlin Road
- Atlantic Boulevard at the Ocean
- Beach Boulevard at the Ocean
- Seagate Avenue at the Ocean
- Beach Boulevard Boat Ramp, 8508 Beach Blvd., next to All Wet Sports. A personal or rented kayak, canoe or boat is required for this site. Participants use water vessels at their own risk. This site not recommended for children.
- Blue Cypress Park, 4012 University Blvd. N
- Brookview Community Garden, McAleer Road & Rayben Drive (9 – 11 a.m.)
- Castaway Island Preserve, 2921 San Pablo Road S.
- Ft. Caroline National Memorial, 12713 Fort Caroline Road (9 – 11 a.m.)
- Glynlea Park, Meet at Ball field, 6801 Altama Road
- Mike McCue Park and Boat Ramp, 2510 2nd Ave. N (9 – 11 a.m.)
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park, 500 Wonderwood Road. Exception: Volunteers must arrive before 9:30 a.m. to participate.Reddie Point Preserve, 4499 Yachtsman Way.
Naval Station Mayport, Jetties Pavilion # 3 – 8 - 11 a.m. Exception: Volunteers must have base access or arrange for base access
Urban/Riverside Avondale/San Marco/Murray Hill/Springfield – 9 - 11 a.m.
- Azalea Creek/Boone Park, 3700 Park St. (8 – 11 a.m.)
- Five Points, Meet in front of Sun-Ray Cinema, 1028 Park St.
- Hollybrook Park, 319 Cherokee St.
- Historic Murray Hill, Murray Hill Public Library, 918 Edgewood Ave. S
- Klutho Park, West 2nd St. at Boulevard St.
- Memorial Park, 1620 Riverside Ave.
- Northbank Riverwalk at Sydney J. Gefen Park, 505 Alfred DuPont Place
- River Oaks Park/Craig Creek, 1000 River Oaks Road
- Yacht Basin Park, 2941 St. Johns Ave.
Southeast 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Burnett Park, 3740 Burnett Park Road
- John Lowe Boat Ramp at Goodbys Lake, 9020 San Jose Blvd. (9 – 11 a.m.)
- Mandarin Park (Mandarin Boat Ramp), 14780 Mandarin Road
Southwest – 8 - 11 a.m.
- Curtis Lee Johnson Marina Boat Ramp, 5434 San Juan Ave. (A personal kayak/canoe is necessary to participate in the water-based portion of the cleanup.)
- Ringhaver Park, 5198 118th St.
- Wayne B. Stevens Boat Ramp, 4555 Ortega Farms Blvd. (9 – 12 p.m.) (A personal kayak/canoe is encouraged to participate in the water-based portion of the cleanup.)
Northwest – 9 - 11 a.m.
- Bulls Bay Preserve, 8017 Old Plank Road
- Moncrief Springs, Castellano Avenue and Helena St.
- Riverview Park, 9620 W. Water St.
- Tullulah Park, 383 Tullulah Ave.
North – 9 - 11 a.m.
- North Shore Park, 7901 Pearl St.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.