Original Restaurant Report: Inspectors find roaches at Jacksonville gentleman’s club

Every week, Action News Jax’s Ben Becker tells you which of your favorite restaurants were cited by inspectors. Click the above video to watch.

Quick Recap below:

  • Mascaras Gentlemen’s Club on Southside Boulevard near Beach Boulevard was cited for 31 live roaches, five dead roaches and boric acid roach powder on the kitchen floor. It was temporarily closed.
  • Becker paid a visit to La Nopalera Mexican Restaurant on Beach Boulevard near San Pablo Road. State inspectors found time/temperature safety violations, an employee’s medicine stored above food prep area and an oven with heavy old food debris on the cook line.
  • Sabores De Mi Tierra on University Boulevard near Bennett Road was cited for 10 live roaches, a container of cabbage stored on the floor and no proof of state approved employee training. The restaurant was also temporarily closed.
  • Becker’s final stop was at the Bono’s Pit Bar-B-Q in Neptune Beach on Atlantic Boulevard near Penman Road. Inspectors found an employee eating in a food prep area, a food manager certification was expired and a time/temperature safety violation.
  • All the restaurants passed follow-up inspections.

To see previous restaurant reports, click here.