Actress Shannen Doherty has announced that three years after she was done with treatments for breast cancer, the cancer has returned and it is stage 4.
She made the announcement during an interview that aired Tuesday morning on “Good Morning America.”
Doherty said during the interview that the diagnosis happened last year.
She was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015 and was in remission since 2017, NBC News reported.
The “Beverly Hills 90210” and “Charmed” actress had been public with her first cancer battle, posting the highs and lows of treatment on her social media channels.
Despite the diagnosis, she returned to acting last year on the “90210” reboot and months after her costar Luke Perry died.
She kept her illness a secret from most, but did tell a few people like co-star Brian Austin Green, she told GMA.
Doherty made the announcement because of a court battle with her insurance company after her home was damaged in the 2018 Woolsey Fire. She said the status of her health could come out in court documents and she rather tell her fans instead of them finding out because of a court proceeding, she said.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group