A 9-month-old baby is recovering after a tree fell on her home, crashing through the ceiling where she slept.
It happened in Columbia County, between Lake City and Wellborn.
Bailey-Ann Taylor-Doll survived with just a few scratches.
Her mother, Monika Taylor-Doll, said she was on the phone outside when it happened.
- Weather alert: Severe storms, heavy rain & isolated tornadoes possible Friday
- Hurricane Michael upgraded to a Category 5 at time of U.S. landfall
- Florida girl, 8, killed after tree falls on house, investigators say
- Girl shaken as baby dies nearly 14 years later; father charged with homicide
- Department of Homeland Security agents responding to The Avenues Mall in Jacksonville
Taylor-Doll said she was calling her husband and mother, trying to warn them about the severe weather when an oak tree fell on the house.
Taylor-Doll ran into the room where Bailey-Ann was sleeping.
“I didn’t hear her. So my first instinct was that she wasn’t fine. And then when I was actually able to get to her, I could see that she was OK. That’s my nugget. That’s my baby. Thankfully, I was able to get the sheetrock off of her pretty quickly,” said Taylor-Doll.
Her husband took Bailey-Ann to the hospital as a precaution.
Now their family is trying to salvage the belongings they can from the house.
The first items they grabbed were family photos and urns containing the ashes of their loved ones.
Now they’ll have to find a new place to live.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.