WHEN THE STORM THREATENS:
- Refill special medications.
- Get cash (ATMs may not work for days after). Don't charge credit cards to the limit; you might need extra cash after the storm.
- Get supplies. Follow instructions in this guide for food and water.
- Don't fill gasoline cans until right before the storm; they are a fire hazard.
- Fill vehicle fuel tank. Gas stations could run out and some will not have power to run pumps. Check your car's battery, water, oil. Make sure you have a spare tire and buy aerosol kits that fix and inflate flats.
- Check fire extinguishers.
- If you own a boat, make necessary preparations.
- Prepare your pool. Don't drain it.
- If you own a plane, have it flown out or secured.
WHEN THE STORM IS APPROACHING:
© 2021 Cox Media Group