The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating allegations that "Black-ish" star Anthony Anderson assaulted a woman, a claim that the actor "unequivocally disputes."
"It's unfortunate that anyone can file a police report whether it is true or false," says a statement sent to USA TODAY on Sunday by Cindy Guagenti, the actor's representative. "The authorities have not contacted Anthony or any of his representatives about this matter. Anthony unequivocally disputes the claim."
The allegations against Anderson, 47, were first reported by The Blast.
An unidentified woman claimed he assaulted her more than a year ago after meeting Anderson at an event he hosted, according to the site.
The incident, she says, happened the second time they met to discuss future business opportunities.
The LAPD confirms that Anderson is under investigation.
“At this point, all we can confirm is that there is an active investigation,” public information director Josh Rubenstein told USA TODAY.
The alleged victim filed a police report with LAPD's Hollywood Division earlier this year after finding comfort with the #MeToo movement, The Blast reports.
The accusations come less than two weeks after Anderson received his fourth Emmy nomination for outstanding lead actor in a comedy series for "Black-ish."
Anderson previously faced assault allegations in 2004, when a woman claimed Anderson and assistant director Wayne Witherspoon raped her in a trailer on set of “Hustle & Flow.”
The charges against both men were dismissed after a judge ruled there was no probable cause.
Contributing: The Associated Press