JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Story published 7/18/19:
When Carol Romero saw moving trucks outside her child’s school Thursday morning, she tried to get answers.
“I’ve been kicked off by the principal,” said Romero.
But not before she could snap photos on Orange Park Performing Arts Academy’s campus of moving trucks loading up and school supplies in boxes.
- Video shows dozens of whales beached on St. Simons Island
- Bookkeeper accused of stealing $4,000+ from Jacksonville schools
- Photos: Hundreds of local sailors return home aboard USS Fort McHenry
- CBS47 and FOX30 announce 4-year agreement to remain Official Stations of the Jacksonville Jaguars
- Jacksonville: Vote for songs you want the Rolling Stones to perform at Friday's concert
It appears the private school is moving out.
“I didn’t know anything about it,” said Romero.
It’s the same school where Action News Jax reported students were sent home on March 1 because the school was being evicted.
Court records show the school was being forced out for not paying rent.
On March 4, the students were allowed to return.
The founder told Action News Jax at the time that the school was working with the building owner on financial issues and would stay open.
Romero said students were expecting to come back next year.
Now, Romero said, no one will hand over her daughter’s records.
“I don’t have any papers to go to another school and enroll her, and the next school season is around the corner,” said Romero.
Action News Jax was kicked off the property within 60 seconds.
“Get off the property. Get off, get off, get off. I don’t want to talk to you,” said a man on campus.
The school’s phone was disconnected, and its website has been taken down.
Action News Jax called founder Dr. Alesia Burse twice. She has not returned our calls.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.