GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. — BREAKING UPDATE, 5/7/2020: Gregory McMichael, Travis McMichael arrested, charged with murder, aggravated assault of Ahmaud Arbery
Original story from 5/6/2020 below:
Action News Jax’s Courtney Cole attended the protest in front of the Glynn County Courthouse on Wednesday afternoon. Neighbors gathered to march for justice for Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old man shot in Brunswick in February.
- They are calling for the arrest of Gregory McMichael and his son, Travis. The two men pursued Arbery in a truck because they believed him to be a suspect behind burglaries in the neighborhood.
- Demonstrators are also calling for Jackie Johnson, the District Attorney of the Brunswick Judicial Circuit, to be replaced.
- Johnson recused her office in the investigation as Gregory McMichael was a former investigator in her office.
- Some demonstrators were working to collect signatures for a petition to get Keith Higgins on the ballot in November to run against Johnson.
- They need 5,000 signatures to get Higgins on the ballot.
- Ahmaud Arbery case: Waycross District Attorney explains in letter why no one was arrested in 25-year-old’s shooting death
- 'It’s not something that I’ll want to see:’ Ahmaud Arbery’s mom won’t watch video showing his death
- Ahmaud Arbery: Video emerges of black jogger killed by 2 white men; case heads to grand jury
- Ahmaud Arbery case: Attorney for family of Glynn County man shot, killed said he expects arrest today
- Ahmaud Arbery case: Protesters gather in Brunswick after video showing man’s death is released online
- Ahmaud Arbery case: Man killed in Brunswick in February, shooter not arrested
© 2020 Cox Media Group