Every week, Action News Jax investigates local child care centers to show you how they measure up to state guidelines. This week, Action News Jax's Letisha Bereola gets two local day care centers to respond to their most recent inspections.
Bright Believers Child Care Center was cited for a class 2 violation, which the Department of Children of Families says could pose a threat to the health or safety of a child.
The inspector noted in the report that the facility’s fencing walls or gate had gaps that could allow children to escape the play area.
A staff member told Action News Jax the gaps are now sealed, and DCF reported the center is back in compliance.
Kid Care Report: Two local day care centers tagged for more serious violations
Kid Care Report: We get answers from day care about its director's credentials
Kiddie Korner on North Myrtle Avenue was one of several recent facilities that was 100 percent in compliance, but Kiddie Korner stood out because all of its inspections for the last year have been violation-free.
J&J Day Care and Learning Center Inc. -- 8124 Lem Turner Rd.
A Little Preschool Inc. -- 4504 Sunderland Rd.
The Salvation Army Child Development Center -- 318 N. Ocean St.
Childtime Learning Center -- 8500 Argyle Forest Blvd.
Wilson’s Rising Stars Youth Academy -- 10663 Monaco Dr.
The Early Learning Village LLC. -- 5154 San Juan Ave.
KinderCare Learning Center -- 8401 Baymeadows Way
- Jacksonville rapper involved in shooting at Hampton Inn in Ware County
- High school coach, wife dead in electrocution on baseball field, son injured
- Jax Beach police officer resigns during investigation into alleged misuse of database
- Jacksonville woman turns $20 into $1 million playing Florida Lottery
- “I’m not talking:” Action News Jax confronts St. Johns County sextortion suspect
© 2019 Cox Media Group.