JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The military guards and fortified gates that keep intruders out of Naval Air Station Jacksonville didn't stop an alligator from scaling a roadside fence Saturday morning.
Christina Stewart stopped to film the gator claw its way up a fence before belly-flopping onto the grass and continuing on its way.
Officials with NAS Jacksonville said they don't plan on removing the alligator from the base unless he poses a danger to residents.
CONTENT CONTINUES BELOW:
- PHOTOS: Alligator seen climbing fence at Naval Air Station Jacksonville
- Family identifies woman whose body was found 8 miles from hit-and-run site
- Coast Guard, other agencies searching for two missing firefighters off coast of Port Canaveral
- Bradford County: Fruit stand catches fire on US-301 north of Lawtey
- Former Longhorns, Bears, Bengals player Cedric Benson dead at 36
© 2019 Cox Media Group.