JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A man was found dead in the street on Wednesday afternoon in nearly the same spot where another man and a woman were shot in a drive-by about 14 hours earlier.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office received a ShotSpotter alert at 12:50 p.m. about multiple gunshots fired in the 1400 block of West 5th Street.
ShotSpotter is the gunfire-sensing technology used by the city. The technology is housed in the city’s Real-Time Crime Centers.
This was followed by two 911 calls indicating that someone had been shot, said JSO Sgt. Steve Rudlaff.
Police arrived and found a man in his 30s or 40s lying in the street suffering from a gunshot wound
- Tumblr reports man with HIV uploading photo of himself having sexual relations with child
- Family: 19-year-old found shot to death in Arlington apartments was nine months pregnant
- Local mom hit by debris from nearby crash; driver takes off and smashes pumpkins
- Jacksonville armed robbery suspects sought, police say
- LIST: Halloween events in the Jacksonville area
Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department personnel pronounced the man dead.
Rudlaff said a witness told police that there were potentially two masked gunmen shooting the man. The gunmen left the area in a blue four-door sedan, police were told.
This shooting happened in the same area where a man and woman were shot in a drive-by shooting on Tuesday night, Rudlaff said.
Rudlaff said investigators also have video from JSO's Real-Time Crime Center from the time of the incident. It is from several blocks away from the actual location of the shooting, but he said it could assist investigators in piecing together information from witnesses.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.