JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A woman was found shot to death at an apartment complex on Justina Road in Arlington, Monday night, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
The family identified her to Action News Jax as Iyana McGraw, 19. They said she was nine months pregnant and was set to deliver her baby on Friday.
CONTENT CONTINUES BELOW
- Tumblr reports man with HIV uploading photo of himself having sexual relations with child
- Family: 19-year-old found shot to death in Arlington apartments was nine months pregnant
- Local mom hit by debris from nearby crash; driver takes off and smashes pumpkins
- Jacksonville armed robbery suspects sought, police say
- LIST: Halloween events in the Jacksonville area
Police say they were called shortly after 8 p.m. about shots fired in that area, and when they arrived, they found her, shot, inside an apartment.
She was taken to a local hospital, according to JSO, and was pronounced dead.
#ANJaxBREAKING: Family members confirm 19-year-old Iyana McGraw, who was 9-months pregnant, is the woman who was shot and killed at Justina Rd. apartment complex. @ActionNewsJax @WOKVNews pic.twitter.com/0S7D3jHtwo— Beth Rousseau (@BethANJax) October 8, 2019
On Monday night, police did not have any information regarding a suspect.
"We strongly encourage anyone, we know it’s a busy road, a lot of people live at the apartment complex, if anyone has information, we ask you call CrimeStoppers," JSO said.
Heavy police presence near Justina Rd not far from Merrill.— Brittney Verner (@BrittneyVerner) October 8, 2019
Neighbors here are outside they all told me they heard several gun shots.
Watch @ActionNewsJax at 10:00 for the latest details. pic.twitter.com/VOehzEZ9Mh
WATCH THE BRIEFING ON FACEBOOK:
© 2019 Cox Media Group.