GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. - A 6-year-old girl is fighting for her life after she was shot in the head in Glynn County.
Deputies said the girl’s father shot her, shot and killed her mother, and killed himself.
The child, Eva Diaz, ran to a neighbor’s home for help after being shot in the head.
Action News Jax learned the girl is in critical condition in the intensive pediatric unit.
The Glynn County Police confirmed on Facebook that 24-year-old Jesus Diaz shot the child and her mother, 21-year-old Emiko Diaz before killing himself. Police found the parents dead in a bedroom.
A candlelight service for Emiko Diaz is scheduled for Saturday.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Investigator Parker Marcy at 912-554-7802.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Instead of tip, waitress gets insulting, xenophobic message
- Man kills wife, critically injures 6-year-old in Brunswick shooting
- Robbery, abduction suspect turns self in to Baker County authorities
- Police: No child abduction in Jacksonville
- Toddler found floating in air pocket under flipped boat hour after crash
© 2019 Cox Media Group.