GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. — Watch LIVE updates on this story only on Action News Jax on FOX30 and CBS47.
Action News Jax has new video that shows the Georgia Bureau of Investigation agents searching the home of Gregory McMichael and his son Travis, the two men charged in the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery.
The GBI said around 6:39 p.m. Tuesday, its agents executed a search warrant at the home. “This investigative act is part of the Ahmaud Arbery murder investigation,” the GBI told Action News Jax.
It’s unclear what the investigators were looking for and whether or not they collected any evidence. The investigators were seen in the video searching the home and the back yard, taking pictures and going through the two vehicles parked in the driveway using flashlights.
Investigators were there for about two hours. The Glynn County home is less than a block away from where Arbery was killed on Feb. 23.
The GBI said the investigation is active and ongoing.
- More videos in the Ahmaud Arbery case show the fatal shooting at different angles, according to attorney
- Ahmaud Arbery was chased for over 4 minutes before being shot, killed, attorney says
- Body cam video from 2017 shows police trying to use Taser on unarmed Ahmaud Arbery in local park
- Ahmaud Arbery: Gregory McMichael, Travis McMichael arrested, charged with 25-year-old man’s murder, aggravated assault
- hmaud Arbery case: GBI has lie detector test results for William Bryan, attorney says
- Homeowner doesn’t believe Ahmaud Arbery stole anything before his death
© 2021 © 2020 Cox Media Group