JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A young mother said a man with an ax threatened her and her daughter at a Westside convenience store.
This is the ax witnesses say a man used to threaten a young mother and her child at a Westside convenience store. What the victim says the suspect tried to do to her inside the store, coming up at 10 on FOX30 @ActionNewsJax. pic.twitter.com/zhEPe5kJE9— Christy Turner (@ChristyANJax) July 13, 2019
It happened Wednesday night at Tanner’s Groceries on Hipps Road.
Police arrested the suspect, 45-year-old Van Arnold.
The report said Arnold was sexually harassing women inside the store.
According to the report, he told the female clerk he wanted to come behind the counter and have sex with her.
The report said the suspect then tried to lure a mother, who was with her child, to the back of the store.
An employee kicked the suspect out of the store.
- Mom of girl seen licking medical equipment in Jacksonville-area doctor's office arrested
- JSO search for hit-and-run driver accused of striking car, then pedestrian in Jacksonville
- Restaurant Report: Jacksonville Metro Diner location cited for violations
- "Up to 100 diners" say they got sick from parasite in food at local restaurant
- Michigan couple pays tribute to Trump with MAGA-themed wedding
- Florida Burger King customers tell Spanish-speaking manager to 'speak your Mexican at home'
Witnesses said Arnold grabbed an ax out of his truck and came at the woman and her child.
In a Facebook comment, the woman wrote, “the ax would have killed my daughter and no telling what else would happen.”
Police were hanging out in the parking lot when the situation unfolded. Officers were able to stop the suspect before he hurt anyone.
The report said Arnold had to be stunned with a Taser.
He’s charged with resisting officer without violence.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.