JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is asking everyone in the Moncrief area to stay inside and lock their doors. Police are looking for a gunman who shot someone on West 22nd Street on Wednesday night.
JSO said they responded to the scene at approximately 8:15 p.m. Their investigation revealed a late model, gold-colored Buick drove by a home in the area and someone inside the car fired multiple shots at the house.
Police said a bystander was shot and drove themself to a hospital. The person has non-life threatening injuries, according to JSO. No one else was injured.
Neighbors tell Action News Jax they heard between 15 and 20 gunshots, and the man who was shot is a well-known drug dealer.
- Florida woman 'infatuated' with Columbine shooting prompts school closures, manhunt, police say
- Local father outraged after judge grants sex offender visits with his 8-year-old daughter
- Jacksonville-based Fanatics settles racial discrimination case
- Alleged aggressor in road rage that led to deadly crash had past problems behind the wheel
- Toddler killed when man shoots into Georgia home, vehicle, deputies say
© 2020 Cox Media Group