UPDATE: The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department said the fire is under control.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said the northbound lanes of Philips Highway are closed due to a structure fire.
The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department said they have crews working the structure fire in 8600 block of Philips Highway. JFRD is urging people to stay away from the area and to expect delays.
Crews are working a commercial building structure fire in the 8600 block of Philips hwy....the road is closed off....avoid the area and expect delays.— MyJFRD (@JFRDJAX) May 22, 2019
- 1 dead, 1 recovering in Ferrari crash in Ponte Vedra Beach
- Teenager jogging along A1A hit by truck in St. Johns County
- Deadly deputy-involved shooting in Orange Park, Clay County authorities say
- Family of teen killed on Mother's Day has message ahead of summer vacation
- Local man sentenced to life in prison for killing wife, burying body in 1993
© 2019 Cox Media Group.