JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office has arrested a man accused of shooting another man in a car after leaving Florida State College at Jacksonville's Deerwood Center.
Officers got a call just after 9 p.m. Thursday about a person shot at Baymeadows Road and Southside Boulevard.
A woman was driving the car and the man was a passenger. While they were sitting in the car, police said a man started walking toward them with a grimacing look. That man, who was carrying a partially concealed firearm, got in front of the car and the woman put the car in reverse.
The man ran after the car saying "stop" and then the woman put the car in drive, police said. The man shot into the car's back window, striking the shoulder of the man in the passenger's seat.
The driver of the car went to a Winn-Dixie to call police.
The man who shot the car, 22-year-old Maxwell Martin, was arrested without incident at the Auburn Glen Apartments on Southside Boulevard.
The gunman is charged with will be charged with two counts of attempted murder and a count of shooting or throwing deadly missiles into dwelling.
FSCJ President Doctor Cynthia Bioteau released a statement:
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Retired MMA fighter charged with assaulting girlfriend
- Social-media users are hitting a brick wall when it comes to this viral optical illusion
- Mom claims child was left bleeding from injury at Starke day care
- Oops! Congressional candidate accidentally posts screenshot with NSFW tabs
- Columbia County organizes prom for handicapped students
© 2020 Cox Media Group