ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. - A medical examiner has ruled the death of a person that looked into the death of Michelle O'Connell a homicide, according to deputies.
Ellie Washtock, 38 of St. Augustine, died Jan. 31 from a gunshot wound at a Laterra Condominiums residence in World Golf Village in St. Johns County. Washtock was found by a 15-year-old son.
RELATED | Michelle O'Connell's mom: World Golf Village father killed days after ‘bombshell' records request, St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, Michelle O'Connell case highlighted in New York Times article
The St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office called in the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office to handle the investigation, and PCSO characterized the death as suspicious, but didn’t say more at that time.
PCSO was called in because SJSO was made aware that Washtock was independently investigating the 2010 death of Michelle O’Connell. She was found dead of a gunshot from her SJSO deputy boyfriend’s service weapon, and while her death was ruled a suicide, her family has always believed there was foul play
Deputies announced Monday that Washtock's death was ruled a homicide.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Office confirms that Washtock was murdered and they are looking for someone.
- Medical examiner: Death of person that looked into Michelle O'Connell case ruled homicide
- Woman fatally struck by off-duty officer on I-295 near Lem Turner, Jacksonville police investigating
- Pets on board Boeing 737 plane crash in Jacksonville to be cremated
- JSO: Woman, man dead after apparent altercation at Jacksonville home
- MIRACLE ON THE ST. JOHNS RIVER: Florida Boeing 737 skids off runway into water
- JSO: Pilot rescued after small plane capsizes in St Johns River
© 2019 Cox Media Group.