Action News Jax reporter Christy Turner will be speaking with Doodle Cinotti of Jacksonville's Cinotti's Bakery to learn more about the attacks on the Mission of Grace and the village in Haiti. See her live report on Action News Jax on CBS47 and FOX30.
The owner of a Jacksonville bakery is in Haiti on a missionary trip and says the missionary group is in danger as they try to help others in need after an attack on the clinic and several homes in the community March 17.
Here's what we know so far:
- The missionary clinic which provides free services was burned March 17 along with one of the houses the missionaries built in the village.
- 70 armed gunmen burned 7 homes the evening of March 16, 4 of them were built by the mission.
- 150 children were evacuated from an orphanage
- 4 villagers were captured.
- Armed gunmen come down from the mountains at night and sometimes during the day, terrorizing unarmed villagers and missionaries.
- Unrest has been going on since November 2017
- 1 person has been killed.
- A school house was burned in February.
- 'You're not going to die, baby': Body cam footage shows moments after 4 children injured on beach
- Jacksonville: Here's your chance to grab that passport and travel the world
- Teacher fired from Trinity Christian Academy over 'inappropriate relationship' with student
- Diocese of St. Augustine confirms second victim abused by former priest
© 2019 Cox Media Group.