ORLANDO, Fla. — Police are beginning to release the names of victims who were killed in a mass shooting at a popular LGBT club in Orlando.
More than 30 victims who were killed in the shooting have been identified on a page on the city's website. At least 53 other people were injured when Omar Mateen opened fire at Pulse nightclub.
Officials said they will release more names of victims on the page as next of kin are notified.
"Our City is working tirelessly to get as much information out to the families so they can begin the grieving process," the page reads. "Please keep the following individuals in your thoughts and prayers."
Related headlines on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Orlando shooting: Islamic state claims responsibility
- Orlando nightclub shooting: What we know now
- Alleged shooter's father says his son was angry over 'men kissing'
- 50 slain in gay nightclub, worst mass shooting in US history
- Terrorist 'organized and well-prepared' during Orlando nightclub shooting, official says
- Facebook offers 'safety check' for Orlando residents
Cox Media Group