PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. — On the 11th anniversary of Haleigh Cummings’ disappearance, her great-grandmother, Annette Sykes, is asking for the person responsible to come forward give her closure.
- Five-year-old Haleigh Cummings was last seen at the Satsuma home of her dad, Ronald Cummings, on February 10, 2009.
- Ronald Cummings’ girlfriend at the time, 17-year-old Misty Croslin, was the last person to see Haleigh alive. Ronald Cummings, came home from an overnight shift and found that Haleigh had disappeared.
- Haleigh’s great-grandmother Annette Sykes is dying of stage 4 cancer and her final wish is to find out what happened to Haleigh.
- “I have stage 4 cancer in both of my lungs and my liver,” Haleigh’s great-grandmother, Annette Sykes told Action News Jax reporter Elizabeth Pace. “I don’t have much longer and I want to know where she is and what happened to her before I die. I just want that little bit of peace, that little bit of knowledge. That’s all I’m asking for.”
- Action News Jax reached out to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office for any updates on their investigations. They said they have not gotten any new tips or leads in the case.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group