The Sandalwood High School Band is a finalist in Barry Manilow's Manilow Music Project, which provides a school with $100,000 worth of instruments.
- The instruments students are using today are the same instruments used by students in 1993.
- The band program doesn't receive funding from the district or the school.
- Sandalwood is a Title 1 school; the band program has requested $3,000 each year from the nearly $500,000 Title 1 grant that the school receives, but has continuously been denied.
- To vote for Sandalwood, click HERE.
- Royal baby: Prince Harry, Meghan Markle offer first look at newborn son
- Duval County School Police lieutenant arrested on out-of-state warrant
- Kid Care Report: Jacksonville after-school program cited for fecal matter smeared on a toilet seat
- Photos: Miami Air plane that skidded off Jacksonville runway moves down St. Johns River on barge
© 2019 Cox Media Group.