The Alachua County Sheriff's Office said the driver of a semi-truck that went into the water near mile marker 381 on Interstate 75 on Thursday night has died.
Deputies and firefighters responding to the scene searched for the driver, while other deputies watched the water for gators.
The driver was located and confirmed to be dead, ACSO said on its Facebook page. The cab of the truck was fully submerged.
The investigation of the will be turned over to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Police: Florida man rams into black family with confederate flag van
- Amazon fulfillment center to bring jobs to Jacksonville
- Woman files sexual assault complaint over toy used at hibachi restaurant
- Publix heiress donates $800,000 to fight medical marijuana ballot initiative
- Man stabs girlfriend after she admits to cheating