The Action News Jax First Alert Weather Team continues to track Tropical Storm Elsa and its impacts on Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia.
WHAT TO KNOW RIGHT NOW:
- A confirmed EF-0 tornado damaged a home in Columbia County on Wednesday morning
- ‘Multiple injuries’ reported at the RV park at the Kings Bay Naval Base. A tornado touched down in that area, the First Alert Weather Team has confirmed.
- A tornado also touched down in Duval County and a great amount of damage was observed in the area near I-95 and University Boulevard
- JFRD: At least one dead after tree falls on two cars in on Roosevelt Blvd. in Ortega area
- Elsa made landfall as a Tropical Storm between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesday morning just north of Cedar Key, about 135 miles southwest of Jacksonville.
- The heaviest rain so far has been over western parts of the viewing area with two to three inches. Duval County and the surrounding area have seen as much of an inch but that could increase. Rain will quickly come to an end late this evening, along with wind quickly diminishing too, clearing after midnight.
- COUNTY BY COUNTY: Click here to see if your area is under a tornado warning/watch or flood warning/watch
Kings Bay Base officials give update on storm damage after tornado leaves multiple people injured. Watch the news conference LIVE below starting at 8:45 a.m.
SEND US YOUR PHOTOS: Upload photos of how Elsa impacted your neighborhood
HURRICANE CENTER: See latest track, warnings, hurricane preparation guide, etc.
- LIST: Closures in Jacksonville area ahead of Tropical Storm Elsa
- COUNTY BY COUNTY: Click here for severe weather alerts
- STORY: Neighborhood floods twice in 24 hours; residents fear more to come with TS Elsa approaching
- PHOTOS: Worst hurricanes in U.S. history
- STORY: Springfield neighbors concerned about flooding, broken tree limbs Elsa could bring
©2021 Cox Media Group