The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is investigating after they said a man was apparently killed in an animal attack in the 1100 block of Jessie Street on Friday afternoon.
The Medical Examiner and Jacksonville's Animal Care and Protective Services also responded to the scene and four dogs were seized from a home on Jessie Street.
Police said the man was found dead by the homeowner along the home's back fence, which backs up to the Franklin Street Apartments. Investigators said it looks like the dogs could have gotten through the fence.
The man who was killed has been identified, but his name has not yet been released because the man's family still has to be notified.
The dogs will be evaluated by the city's Animal Care and Protective Services and will work with the Medical Examiner's Office to work to determine which dogs, if any, were involved in the fatal attack.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Woman, 6-year-old daughter attacked outside Kohl's in Fleming Island
- Man receives giant tip after kind act at the grocery store
- Woman says airline unloaded bomb-sniffing dog upside down
- Report: Jacksonville teen, man try to steal safe, put it in Mini Cooper
- Daughter of couple killed in plane crash pledges to take care of siblings
Cox Media Group