Your health and safety is the reason Action News Jax’s Ben Becker goes out every week seeking answers about places you love to eat at.
Here’s what inspectors found at local restaurants:
Royal Buffet on Normandy Boulevard near Cassat Avenue was cited by inspectors for a mold-like substance in an ice machine, an employee that washed their hands with cold water and a wall that was soiled with black debris.
Becker paid a visit to the restaurant to get answers, but there was no one available to speak with him.
As he was leaving, a customer stopped him, asking if the violations were about roaches. Becker said no.
Roaches, however, were found at The Grilled Cheese Gallery on Cathedral Place and Charlotte Street in St. Augustine. Inspectors cited the restaurant for nine live roaches, 95 dead roaches and its equipment was in poor repair. The restaurant was temporarily closed.
Inspectors said the Cuban Fire Grill food truck on 2618 Cold Harbor Court in Middleburg had potentially hazardous food temperatures, an employee working with food without washing their hands and raw animal food stored over ready-to-eat food. It was also temporarily closed.
The Mediterranean Grill on Baymeadows Road near Old Kings Road had one dead roach, raw animal food stored over ready-to-eat food and no hot water at a handwash sink.
© 2021 © 2019 Cox Media Group