Florida man found partially eaten by alligator died from meth overdose

POLK COUNTY, Fla. — A Florida man found partially eaten by an alligator died from an overdose of methamphetamines, officials said.

Michael Ford II’s body was found June 27 in an alligator’s mouth in water near a phosphate mine. A necropsy revealed Ford’s hand and foot inside the 11-foot-long alligator’s stomach.

It is still unclear why Ford, 45, was on the property but officials said Wednesday he died from “methamphetamine intoxication” and then was eaten by the reptile, WTSP reported.

Ford’s cause of death was initially thought to be from drowning.

Comments on this article