The National Hurricane Center has issued its first forecast for the system that will become Barry.
STAY UPDATED: Download the First Alert Weather app for updates
- Newborn baby attacked, killed by family dog, sheriff says
- Jacksonville 19-year-old lives on through organ donation
- Dozens of drivers stop on Georgia highway to grab cash that spilled onto road
- Florida woman arrested, accused of urinating in ice cream machine
- Kid Care Report: Westside day care reportedly left toddlers alone, DCF says
Just In: NHC is forecasting what will become #Barry to achieve hurricane status before making landfall between the Texas and Louisiana coast on Saturday. #FirstAlertWX @ActionNewsJax @WOKVNews pic.twitter.com/VqbiSAQiDY— Garrett Bedenbaugh (@wxgarrett) July 10, 2019
WHAT WE KNOW:
- Tropical storm watches and storm surge watches issued for portions of the Louisiana coast.
- The system is forecast to become a hurricane before landfall this weekend along the Gulf Coast anywhere from Texas to Louisiana.
- Hurricane Hunters are scheduled to fly out this afternoon to investigate the system for the first time.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.