JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — As Atlanta Police search for the killer of Jacksonville native Jokisha Brown, her family is speaking out about the murder of the woman who was a mother, actress, model and dancer.
In a statement posted on Brown's GoFundMe page, relatives call the killing "senseless" and describe her as a loving, smart, beautiful woman who "would give her last to help anyone."
Police say Brown, who went by the name Kisha, was shot multiple times Friday night while inside her car parked at a shopping plaza in northeast Atlanta.
It appears she was shot through the front passenger side window. Friends say she went to the area get her makeup done.
About 25 people attended a vigil held at the scene Saturday on what would have been her 36th birthday.
Friends tearfully remembered her as a "kind, sweet spirit."
Family members who traveled to Atlanta for the memorial told Action News Jax sister station WSB-TV that they believe they know who killed Kisha.
Back in April friends say she had been the victim of a violent and elaborate abduction from her Gwinnett County, Ga. home and escaped only by jumping from a moving car.
Brown's brother Marlon was shot and killed at a Jacksonville strip club in March, and Action News Jax spoke to Brown after she drove from Atlanta to the scene.
Family members have set up a GoFundMe account to help cover funeral expenses.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Father celebrates son's birthday 30 years after doctors said he would only live to 2
- Jacksonville woman remembered by family, friends as police search for killer
- Army vet with incredible aim saves eagle by shooting it out of tree
- WATCH: When a woman scolds a girl for selling candy, this good Samaritan saves the day
- Amputee gets angry note for parking in handicapped space at Walmart
Cox Media Group