CLAY COUNTY, Fla. — 11:30 A.M. UPDATE: A suspected shooter who allegedly barricaded himself inside an apartment Tuesday morning in Oakleaf has been safely taken into custody, according to deputies.
Deputies say Brian Bolden, 37, opened fire on employees of “The Preserve” Condominium Community on Oakleaf Plantation Parkway Tuesday morning in Clay County.
The Sheriff’s Office said the incident led to an hours-long standoff with Clay’s SWAT team after Bolden barricaded himself in a condo he was living in at the complex.
Investigators said the suspect ran after shooting at the employees between the condos and amenities center around 7 a.m. Investigators said he fired somewhere between five to ten shots.
No one was injured.
Deputies posted on social media around 12:30 p.m. to report Bolden was in custody after surrendering to SWAT and negotiation teams.
He was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and his bond was set at $250,000.
Lisa Wielgosz told Action News Jax reporter Ryan Nelson she crossed paths with the suspect this morning as she was walking her dog.
“I’m so thankful for the life of me that he didn’t even pull that gun out on me,” she said.
Audrey Barker, a neighbor in the complex, said she and her husband were in one of dozens of homes evacuated during the standoff.
But not only does she say they were evacuated, she said that the SWAT team had members posted at her bedroom window, so they could have a direct, and elevated, line of sight to the suspect’s home down below. “Sitting there, and they had their guns cocked and they were just waiting,” she said.
According to records uncovered by Action News Jax, Bolden is from Tennessee.
- Clay County deputies: Suspected shooter in Oakleaf neighborhood taken into custody
- Wife of Clay County Sheriff Darryl Daniels files for a divorce
- 'Cease and desist' issued to Jacksonville adult entertainment club
- St. Augustine man arrested after pulling gun on woman who refused to try his vape pen at McDonald's
- Woman killed at fire station while trying to get away from husband, sheriff says
- The suspect has been identified as Brian Bolden, 37.
- Bolden was arrested on a warrant for aggravetd assault with a deadly weapon.
- Bolden is being held on a $250,000 bond.
- The Clay County Sheriff's Office said they responded to the 700 block of Oakleaf Plantation Parkway around 7 a.m.
- According to deputies, the gunman got into an argument with an amenity crew and fired approximately five to seven shots toward them.
- There are no reports of injuries.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates and watch on FOX30.
9:45 A.M. UPDATE: Deputies say they believe a gunman has barricaded himself inside an apartment at The Preserve in Orange Park located at 785 Oakleaf Plantation Parkway.
The Clay County Sheriff's Office said they responded to the 700 block of Oakleaf Plantation Parkway around 7 a.m.
According to deputies, the gunman got into an argument with an amenity crew and fired approximately five to seven shots toward them. There are no reports of injuries.
Deputies were told he was armed with a handgun. He was last seen running back to The Preserve in Orange Park apartment complex where he is believed to be barricaded.
He is described as a black man and is between the ages of 24 and 40 years old.
If you are inside the apartment complex, you are asked to shelter in place.
Deputies ask that you do not exit the apartment complex without law enforcement with you. Officials said they have cleared out a large portion of the complex they believe needed to be evacuated.
If you have any questions about whether you should exit, you are asked to call 904-264-6512.
Watch briefing below:
The Clay County Sheriff's Office is actively searching for a person who appeared to have been shooting near 785 Oakleaf Plantation Parkway.
The area is currently closed off and secured as deputies search for the person. The location of the person is unknown.
There are no injuries reported at this time.
Action News Jax's Elizabeth Pace is headed to the area to learn more information.
Cox Media Group