CLAY COUNTY, Fla. - The wife of Clay County Sheriff Darryl Daniels has filed for a divorce following a scandal involving an extramarital affair, according to new documents.
CONTENT CONTINUES BELOW:
- Clay County deputies: Suspected shooter in Oakleaf neighborhood taken into custody
- Wife of Clay County Sheriff Darryl Daniels files for a divorce
- 'Cease and desist' issued to Jacksonville adult entertainment club
- St. Augustine man arrested after pulling gun on woman who refused to try his vape pen at McDonald's
- Woman killed at fire station while trying to get away from husband, sheriff says
Action News Jax first reported in May when Daniels apologized for his role in a scandal involving sex, money and a JSO corrections officer.
According to new documents filed on Friday, his wife claimed their marriage is "irretrievably broken." She is requesting alimony.
Daniels' former mistress, Ciera Smith resigned from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office on Monday, according to JSO.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.