JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Action News Jax has obtained the autopsy report for a young Jacksonville girl who was reported missing more than a year ago and later found dead.
Taylor Williams was 5 years old when her mother, Brianna Williams, reported her missing from their Brentwood home on Nov. 6, 2019.
The child’s remains were found six days later in her mother’s home state of Alabama and Brianna was arrested shortly after.
The new autopsy report reveals that there was no definitive evidence of violence on the bones recovered, but there were some signs of neglect or severe illness. It was not enough to make a determination of how she died, according to the report.
The medical examiner believes Taylor died several weeks to several months prior to being found in Demopolis.
Her mother faces three felony charges including child neglect and lying to law enforcement, but she has not been charged in Taylor’s death.
She is due back in court on Jan. 5, 2021.
- 10 things to know: What happened to 5-year-old Taylor Williams?
- Warrant: Taylor Williams was left home alone ‘at least every other day,’ neighbor says
- Video: Brianna Williams becomes physically ill when finding out she’s person of interest in daughter Taylor’s disappearance
- Hundreds of pieces of evidence released in the death of Taylor Williams
- Jacksonville man pops up on Brianna Williams’ evidence list
Cox Media Group