JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Reno Fells, 53, of Jacksonville, was arrested Wednesday during a prostitution investigation by the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
Police said in an arrest report that Fells met up with someone from an internet/escort ad at a hotel on Kings Avenue.
- Boost Mobile employees arrested after selling meth, heroin at Middleburg store, CCSO says
- Clay County woman recovering from vaping lung disease speaks out about e-cigarette dangers
- Pastor and mental health advocate Jarrid Wilson dies of apparent suicide
- Jacksonville doctor recruits more doctors, nurses to go back to help those in need in Bahamas
- Missing New Mexico girl Renezmae Calzada found dead after 3-day search, police say
Once Fells was inside the hotel room and engaged in a sexual conversation, JSO said a "predetermined takedown signal was given" and Fells was arrested.
He faces charges for allegedly soliciting for prostitution -- a second violation and for resisting arrest without violence, the JSO report stated.
STAY UPDATED: Download the Action News Jax app for live updates on breaking stories
The Palatka Police Department tells Action News Jax Fells is one of their former detectives.
Fells was also employed at the St. Johns Youth Academy that is contracted by the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice. DJJ gave the following statement:
“The Florida Department of Juvenile Justice was notified by our contracted provider for the St. Johns Youth Academy of the arrest of their employee. An internal investigation has been initiated and this contracted worker has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.”
Cox Media Group