JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Volunteers and agencies from multiple states are searching for two firefighters who have not returned from a fishing trip off the coast of Port Canaveral.
Justin Walker, a firefighter from Virginia, and Brian McCluney, a firefighter with the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department, were last seen Friday, Aug. 16 leaving Port Canaveral.
JFRD and man agencies are asking for volunteers and for the public to help in a number of different ways.
- To donate to the search efforts for Brian Walker and Justin McCluney, click HERE.
- For those in the Brunswick, Savannah area, volunteers with boats are still welcome to help in the search. There is no designated launch location for anyone interested in volunteering out of Brunswick, but those in that area can call 904-816-5315 and will be given orders.
- JFRD is looking for volunteers who have boats capable of searching between 30 and 60 miles offshore safely. Contact JFRD for details.
Local businesses are also raising money for continued search effort, like Two Dudes Seafood Restaurant who will be hosting donation days, which will help benefit the search effort:
If you know of more ways to help in the search for the missing firefighters email Action News Jax and we will add vetted information to this list.
- Dozens of firefighters help search for two men who went missing while fishing
- "This is a bread crumb they threw overboard": Missing firefighter's tackle bag found by boater
- Photos: Local firefighters to continue search for two missing boaters
- 'We're not giving up until these guys are found:' Search to continue for missing firefighters
- Missing boater's wife helps search by air as rescue efforts continue off Florida coast
- Missing firefighters: 180 volunteers searching off Jacksonville's coast
- Discovery of missing firefighter's tackle-bag helps steer search
- Wife of missing Jacksonville firefighter joins search for husband, friend
- Volunteers in Georgia join efforts to find firefighters lost at sea as search expands
- How to help in the search for missing firefighters lost at sea off Florida Coast
- Volunteer boater recounts covering hundreds of miles in search for missing firefighters
- Pilot searching for firefighters lost at sea says this is some of the hardest flying he's done
- Local doctors discuss what it takes to survive at sea as search continues for missing firefighters
FOR THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS ON THIS STORY: Download the Action News Jax app for live updates on breaking stories
Cox Media Group