Jacksonville mother Alicia Erchul, 43, had an extra special moment last month at Disney World -- she met Morgan Price, 4, who received the heart of her late son, Gabriel Crystalus.
“For me it was like this feeling that my heart finally received a piece of it back,” said Erchul.
Her son, Gabriel, was four-months-old when he died in 2014, from traumatic head injuries.
- Florida woman 'infatuated' with Columbine shooting prompts school closures, manhunt, police say
- Local father outraged after judge grants sex offender visits with his 8-year-old daughter
- Jacksonville-based Fanatics settles racial discrimination case
- Alleged aggressor in road rage that led to deadly crash had past problems behind the wheel
- Toddler killed when man shoots into Georgia home, vehicle, deputies say
He had been under the care of Erchul’s then-husband, who was sentenced for Gabriel's death.
At the same time, 4-month-old Morgan Price was in the hospital waiting for a heart -- she was diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy at 2 weeks old.
In a successful transplant surgery, Morgan received Gabriel’s donated heart.
For the first time, the two families met at Disney World two weeks ago.
“She just grabbed me. She wanted hugs and she wanted kisses,” said Erchul.
Erchul said it was an instant connection.
“Meeting Morgan, I was able to feel like I could just take a full breath, and a sense of peace came over me,” Erchul said.
Erchul said she hopes that her son’s heart will mean a long and happy life for Morgan.
“I just prayed that they would receive all the love I had for him, and I just want her to be happy and have a good life with her family,” said Erchul.
For more information on organ donation and children, click HERE.
At 5:55: “I just prayed that they would receive all the love I had for him.”— Amber Krycka (@AmberANjax) April 17, 2019
She lost her 4-month-old son nearly five years ago.
Recently, she met the little girl who received her son’s heart.
After the reunion, She tells me she now has a piece of her heart back ♥️ pic.twitter.com/Ns5Sa1N10H
© 2019 Cox Media Group.