JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Jacksonville Jaguars lost to the Baltimore Ravens 19-17 Sunday afternoon at EverBank Field. The back and forth between players didn’t stop when the clock hit zero.
Jaguars rookie cornerback Jalen Ramsey and Ravens veteran wide receiver Steve Smith, Sr. like to talk trash and they did that on the field, in the locker room and on social media on Sunday.
Action Sports Jax asked Ramsey about the battle on the field and the words that were exchanged after the game.
"Once you're beating your opponent who is in front of you physically and psychologically, they tend to get mad like that," Ramsey said about his interactions with Smith.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez shared baby news just before his death
- Jaguars rookie Jalen Ramsey, Ravens WR Steve Smith back and forth after game
- Creepy clowns spotted in Ocala
- Father hurls infant over 8-foot fence, flees without pants, police say
- Reports: Golf legend Arnold Palmer dies at 87 years old
He said Smith is a good player but he doesn't respect him as a man.
Smith said he gave Ramsey every opportunity to speak face to face and that he doesn't need his respect.
Ramsey's responses and Smith's reaction on social media on Sunday evening are below:
© 2020 Cox Media Group