JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Several crime scenes on the Westside are all believed to be related, as part of a string of incidents that has ended with an attempted robbery suspect in the hospital.
UPDATE: JSO: Suspect who was beaten, hit by car was responsible for carjacking and robbery
The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office says they were first called Monday to an attempted robbery off Wilson Blvd. and Jammes Rd. The caller hung up before providing additional information, and responding officers could not initially locate anything relating to a crime. Soon after, they got a call about a different location on Wilson, where a man was seriously hurt.
“Some sort of altercation occurred on Wilson Blvd., in which an individual was struck by several individuals, and then he was also struck by a vehicle,” says JSO Sergeant Mike Silcox.
That person with serious injuries is believed to be the attempted robbery suspect. He was taken to the hospital and is now in stable condition.
STAY UPDATED: Download the Action News Jax app for live updates on breaking stories
JSO now says the attempted robbery victim is the one who was driving the car that hit the suspect. That person is cooperating with investigators and is only considered a victim at this time, according to JSO.
“The individuals who were involved in the altercation with the person who was transported, we don’t know if they are just witnesses, we don’t know if they are additional victims, and we would like to speak with those individuals,” Silcox says.
It is unclear at this time how many people were involved in that “altercation”.
If you have any information on this string of events, you’re asked to contact JSO at 904-630-0500 or JSOCrimeTips@jaxsheriff.org. You can also submit an anonymous tip and be eligible for a possible reward by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.
- JSO said they received a call at 1:59 p.m. regarding an attempted robbery, but the caller hung up before any more information could be asked for by police.
- An attempted robbery suspect was jumped by a group of people according to JSO.
- As the suspect tried to get away, the suspect was hit by a car, according to JSO.
- The suspect is a white man and has life threatening injuries, JSO said.
- JSO said the victim of the robbery is also the person who struck the suspect with a car.
#JSO says an attempted robbery suspect has life threatening injuries on #Jacksonville's westside after he was attacked by several people, then hit by a car. @ActionNewsJax https://t.co/PRpZonM3KY— Jenna Bourne (@jennabourneWTSP) May 27, 2019
Wilson Boulevard #JSO police activity - Attempted Robbery, victim of robbery hit suspect with vehicle. If you have information or seen anything please call 904-630-000 or email JSOCrimeTips@jaxsheriff.org. pic.twitter.com/IfcgBt0thS— Jax Sheriff's Office (@JSOPIO) May 27, 2019
Police say someone is seriously hurt after an attempted robbery - the suspect.— Amber Krycka (@AmberANjax) May 28, 2019
He was beat up and run over by the person he tried robbing.
I’m live at 10 on FOX 30 pic.twitter.com/0qVoxTGdAl
- Here are all the movies, TV shows coming to Netflix in June
- Disney worker had condoms, child-size dress as he tried to lure 8-year-old girl, police say
- Memorial Day to be hottest day of year so far
- Photos: Westside home destroyed by massive fire; 8 children homeless
- Multiple serious crashes in Clay County; fatality reported
Cox Media Group