JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Several crime scenes on the Westside are all believed to be related, as part of a string of incidents that has ended with an attempted robbery suspect in the hospital.
The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office says they were first called Monday to an attempted robbery off Wilson Blvd. and Jammes Rd. The caller hung up before providing additional information, and responding officers could not initially locate anything relating to a crime. Soon after, they got a call about a different location on Wilson, where a man was seriously hurt.
“Some sort of altercation occurred on Wilson Blvd., in which an individual was struck by several individuals, and then he was also struck by a vehicle,” says JSO Sergeant Mike Silcox.
That person with serious injuries is believed to be the attempted robbery suspect. He was taken to the hospital and is now in stable condition.
JSO now says the attempted robbery victim is the one who was driving the car that hit the suspect. That person is cooperating with investigators and is only considered a victim at this time, according to JSO.
“The individuals who were involved in the altercation with the person who was transported, we don’t know if they are just witnesses, we don’t know if they are additional victims, and we would like to speak with those individuals,” Silcox says.
It is unclear at this time how many people were involved in that “altercation”.
If you have any information on this string of events, you’re asked to contact JSO at 904-630-0500 or JSOCrimeTips@jaxsheriff.org. You can also submit an anonymous tip and be eligible for a possible reward by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.
- JSO said they received a call at 1:59 p.m. regarding an attempted robbery, but the caller hung up before any more information could be asked for by police.
- An attempted robbery suspect was jumped by a group of people according to JSO.
- As the suspect tried to get away, the suspect was hit by a car, according to JSO.
- The suspect is a white man and has life threatening injuries, JSO said.
- JSO said the victim of the robbery is also the person who struck the suspect with a car.
© 2020 Cox Media Group