JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — An employee at a Waffle House located in the 10400 block of Atlantic Boulevard has been shot, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
- Police received a call at 2:30 a.m. Monday after a shooting at a Waffle House in the Regency area.
- A female employee had been shot. She was taken to a hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening
- There is believed to be three suspects.
- The restaurant was open at the time of the shooting.
- Police say it's too early to say if the incident was a robbery.
- The restaurant is currently closed.
A source says the woman was on break when she was approached by three men behind the restaurant asking for money, at one point one of them shot her.
The woman was working as a waitress; she is expected to survive.
Her husband did not want to make a comment, but said she is doing as well as can be expected for what she has been through.
The establishment is now operating as normal.
Waffle House sent Action News Jax this statement:
Our associate is what we are focusing on currently, and we are happy she is doing better We continue to gather details on the incident and are actively cooperating with law enforcement officials as they investigate this matter. Since it is under investigation, we refer any questions about the incident to them. We expect to re-open this morning.
The three men remain on the loose.
Cox Media Group