GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. — Glynn County police said a man shot his wife, their 6-year-old child and then himself on Sunday.
Police said the man and woman died but the 6-year-old ran to a neighbor's house for help around 1 a.m.
Christian Torelli lives at the Westminster Club Apartment homes and said police were at the building next to his for hours early Sunday.
“Our blinds were open in our bedroom and as we were going up there to go to sleep, we noticed out here in the parking lot lights just flashing everywhere,” said Torelli.
After learning what happened not far from his own front door, Torelli said he's just glad someone was there for the child and he would have done the same.
“I’m glad that she was found safety and I feel good knowing I was nearby too because if she had knocked on my door we would have taken her in,” he said.
The 6-year-old was taken to flown to a Savannah hospital by helicopter and is in critical condition.
Police said they will release the identity of the deceased couple once their family is notified.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call 912-554-3645.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Instead of tip, waitress gets insulting, xenophobic message
- Man kills wife, critically injures 6-year-old in Brunswick shooting
- Robbery, abduction suspect turns self in to Baker County authorities
- Police: No child abduction in Jacksonville
- Toddler found floating in air pocket under flipped boat hour after crash
Cox Media Group