JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is looking for a woman after they said she hit a car then hit a lawn care worker before ditching her car and running away.
It happened on the city’s Westside near Lane Avenue and Goldilocks Road.
James Harring lives near the corner where the victim was hit. He said for years, he saw that man working in the neighborhood and he was disturbed after learning what happened to him.
“I don’t know him, but I’ve seen him a lot. He mows a bunch of yards around here,” Harring said.
Video footage obtained from a witness shows the aftermath of that man being hit.
- Mom of girl seen licking medical equipment in Jacksonville-area doctor's office arrested
- JSO search for hit-and-run driver accused of striking car, then pedestrian in Jacksonville
- Restaurant Report: Jacksonville Metro Diner location cited for violations
- "Up to 100 diners" say they got sick from parasite in food at local restaurant
- Michigan couple pays tribute to Trump with MAGA-themed wedding
- Florida Burger King customers tell Spanish-speaking manager to 'speak your Mexican at home'
Another neighbor, who didn’t want to be identified, said it was his neighbor who jumped in to help.
“My buddy across the street had went over there when the man got his leg clipped off. He went over there with blankets and pillows to get him off the asphalt. The asphalt was hot from the sun beaming down on it."
This horrifying incident left the entire community in shock, but many people, like Harring, said speeding has been an issue for quite some time.
“This neighborhood is terrible. They’re always speeding through here. They don’t stop at the stop signs,” Harring said.
Neighbors are now hoping there will be more police in the area to keep them safe.
JSO’s Traffic Homicide Unit is investigating, but they have not released any description of the woman they’re searching for.
© 2020 Cox Media Group