JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Officers are investigating after family members found their relative's decomposing body inside a car in a Walmart parking lot in North Jacksonville.
Police were called to Walmart on Lem Turner Road Wednesday evening after family said they found a Jacksonville woman's body inside an SUV in the parking lot.
Police have not yet identified the woman, but said the Nissan Murano she was found inside matches the description of an SUV in a missing person case.
The missing person case is in connection with 54-year-old Cindy Bland who was reported missing after heading to a dentist appointment on August 24 and hasn't been seen since. Action News Jax is working to confirm if this missing person case in connection with the death investigation.
Officers said it appears the SUV had been parked at the Walmart for approximately two weeks.
The body is too decomposed for a positive identification at this time, officers said.
Jacksonville police said there are no indications of foul play at this time. However, they have to wait for a medical examiner to complete the autopsy.
Police say they are pulling surveillance video from the Walmart parking lot.
The investigation is ongoing.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Family of serviceman says he was unarmed, stabbed 11 times in back
- Marion County 10-year-old arrested, charged in death of 2-year-old cousin
- FHP: Spike in car crashes caused by debris in Duval County, statewide
- Jacob Wetterling's killer gives chilling details of abducted 11-year-old's final moments alive
- Road Rangers warn of dangers due to distracted drivers disobeying move over law
© 2020 Cox Media Group