MAY 29 11:04 p.m. UPDATE: The Florida Forest Service tweeted Wednesday evening that the Yellow Bluff fire is now 80% contained.
MAY 27 7:46 p.m. UPDATE: The Florida Forest Service tweeted Monday evening that the Yellow Bluff fire is now 70% contained.
MAY 26 8:47 PM UPDATE: The Florida Forest Service tweeted Sunday that the Yellow Bluff Fire is 65 percent contained and is covering 607.8 acres. Smoke impacts to Interstate 95 are still minimal.
The #YellowBluffFire is now 65% contained & holding at 607.8 acres. A @FLForestService engine strike team put out 15,000 gallons of water during mop up operations today. Only light smoke was observed on I-95.— FFS_Jacksonville (@FFS_Jax) May 27, 2019
MAY 25 7 PM UPDATE: The Yellow Bluff Fire is now 60 percent contained and holding at 608.7 acres, the Florida Forest Service said. Firefighters are making good progress improving fire lines and mopping up hot spots. Smoke impacts to I-95 are currently minimal.
MAY 25 2:24 PM UPDATE: The Florida Forest Service continues battling a 650-acre wildfire outside Jacksonville, and is encouraging motorists and residents to exercise caution in the area.
MAY 25 7:25 AM UPDATE: The JFRD Command Center is no longer on-scene, but JFRD crews are still standing by. Action News Jax is told that the crews are monitoring any flareups and making sure the wildfire doesn't spread onto I-95.
MAY 25 6:27 AM UPDATE: Emergency crews are standing by this morning on I-95 NB in case of any flare ups from the Yellow Bluff Fire.
MAY 24 10:41 P.M. UPDATE: The Yellow Bluff Fire is now 55% contained, according to the Florida Forest Service. Crews made good progress in battling the blaze on Friday, FFS said.
The #YellowBluffFire Is still estimated at 600 acres but is now is 55% contained. Crews made good progress reinforcing fire lines today.— FFS_Jacksonville (@FFS_Jax) May 25, 2019
MAY 24 8:49 P.M. UPDATE: The City of Jacksonville Emergency Preparedness Division said the Yellow Bluff Fire is now reported to be at 600 acres with 50% containment.
#YellowBluffFire UPDATE - The fire is now reported to be at 600 acres with 50% containment. @JFRDJAX @FFS_Jax crews continue to improve fire lines and will continue to do so into the night. #JaxReady #StaySafe #DriveSafe— JaxReady (@JaxReady) May 25, 2019
MAY 24 3:55 P.M. UPDATE: One right lane of I-95 NB by Pecan Park is blocked for emergency vehicles.
2:12 P.M. UPDATE: The Florida Forest Service announced that the Yellow Brush wildfire is now 600 acres and 30% contained.
MAY 24, 10:53 A.M. UPDATE: I-95 northbound has reopened following closures Thursday afternoon due to the wildfire.
Northbound is open!!! pic.twitter.com/SOMHwbKqat— FHPJacksonville (@FHPJacksonville) May 24, 2019
MAY 24, 10:36 A.M. UPDATE: I-95 southbound has opened.
Southbound is open!! pic.twitter.com/wl2RTz35DD— FHPJacksonville (@FHPJacksonville) May 24, 2019
MAY 24, 10:09 A.M. UPDATE: I-95 southbound will open for drivers in about five minutes and I-95 northbound will follow soon, according to Florida Highway Patrol.
MAY 24, 9 A.M. UPDATE: Action News Jax has learned that a gas shortage is becoming an issue for drivers in Yulee.
In the area of State Road 200 and I-95:
- The BP has no regular gas and is low on premium
- The Circle K has both regular and premium gas
East of I-95:
- Marathon Gas and Raceway stations both have regular and premium gas
Traffic is so bad drivers are running out of gas near the Duval/Nassau County line. @AliciaANJax and I are on either ends of this wildfire this morning, giving live updates on traffic conditions. Watch live here: https://t.co/3zhVf5fK2j https://t.co/H8t4UHKWYr— Elizabeth Pace (@PaceAnJax) May 24, 2019
MAY 24, 6:44 A.M. UPDATE:
Here's the very latest on the Yellowbluff wildfire from FFS Jax wildfire mitigation specialist Annaleasa Winter:
- The fire grew a little overnight but still about 450 acres
- It's expanding more to the north, where they can’t get fire lines cut
- There is no estimate on when smoke will clear and when I-95 will reopen
- FFS and FHP are in constant contact about traffic and safety and will make decision once it is safe for people to travel through
- The fire is approximately 30% contained and will likely be weeks before 100% since there is no rain in forecast for a week or more
- Low humidity Friday morning isn’t good— could see ‘new starts’ as embers jump
NASSAU COUNTY: Due to severe traffic in Yulee, school buses serving Highway 17 and adjoining streets will experience one hour delays in bus pickup times.
MAY 23 UPDATE:
The Florida Highway Patrol is reminding drivers in the area of I-95 between Pecan Park (Mile Marker 366) and SR-200 to drive slow and be cautious due to the Yellow Bluff wildfire. At 2:15 p.m. Nassau Emergency Management closed I-95 in both directions.
Action News Jax will have updates on the status of the wildfire and what officials are doing to contain it on Action News Jax FOX30, CBS47.
🔺🔺🔺 I-95 northbound travel update due to the #YellowBluffFire:— Jax Sheriff's Office (@JSOPIO) May 24, 2019
I-95 northbound is shut down at I-295 exit 362. At I-295 you must either go east or west.
This is expected for at least the next 24 hours. We will update on Twitter if and when any changes occur. https://t.co/W31xvsib9F
Heavy smoke still a problem. https://t.co/hLj29M372d— Amber Krycka (@AmberANjax) May 24, 2019
- There are 4 wildfires in Northeast Florida, according to Florida Fire Service.
- The Yellow Bluff wildfire is the only fire not 100% contained.
- It is only 25% contained.
- The cause of the Yellow Bluff wildfire is under investigation.
- The fire is located between I-95, SR 200 and US 17 north of Jacksonville and just south of Yulee.
- The fire is now 200 acres.
Nassau Emergency Management announced at 2:15 p.m. Thursday that due to the wildfire, I-95 will be closed in both directions between SR-200 in Yulee and Pecan Park in north Jacksonville.
I-95 is shut down for 7 miles.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office tweeted out the follow detours:
- I-95 northbound , East on Pecan Park Rd, north on US 17.
- I-95 southbound, east on SR 200, Yulee, south on US 17
#BREAKING JFRD has notified Nassau EM that, due to the #Yellowbluff wildfire, they are closing I-95 in both directions between SR-200 in Yulee and Pecan Park in north Jacksonville. pic.twitter.com/priEhnWpNr— NassauEM (@NassauEM) May 23, 2019
- Clay man beaten, tied up in violent home invasion robbery
- Jacksonville police: Infant found dead in van at day care; day care co-owner arrested
- Gov. Desantis responds to questions about Clay County Sheriff Darryl Daniels
- Officials working to contain Yellow Bluff wildfire, investigating cause of fire
© 2019 Cox Media Group.