CLAY COUNTY, Fla. - UPDATE, 5/30/19, 2:30 P.M.: A third person has been arrested in a home invasion robbery that happened May 19, according to a Clay County Sheriff's Office arrest report.
Bobby Deshawn Dunbar, 20, of Jacksonville was transported from the Leon County Jail to the Clay County Jail on charges of home invasion with firearm or other deadly weapon, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and grand theft of property valued at $100,000.
Original story from 5/22/19 below:
A Clay County homeowner said suspects shoved a gun in his mouth and threatened to kill him during a home invasion robbery.
It happened Sunday just before 8 a.m. at a home on Gray Heron Lane in the Eagle Landing at Oak Leaf Plantation neighborhood.
The Clay County Sheriff’s Office said three people kicked in the front door and one of them was armed with a gun.
The report said the robbers “forced a pistol in the victim’s mouth threatening to shoot him if he did not disclose where the money was.”
The homeowner eventually told the robbers $140,000 was hidden in the attic.
Deputies said after the suspects found the money, they forced the suspect into his bedroom where they bound him with cellphone charging cords and pepper-sprayed him in the face.
On Tuesday, investigators arrested 19-year-old Skylar Albritton and 25-year-old Juwan Grier in connection with the home invasion.
Action News Jax reached out to the Sheriff’s Office to confirm if the other suspect has been caught or is still on the run.
- Jacksonville police: Arrest made in shooting at Terry Parker High School football game
- Clay man beaten, tied up in violent home invasion robbery
- Jacksonville police: Infant found dead in van at day care; day care co-owner arrested
- Gov. Desantis responds to questions about Clay County Sheriff Darryl Daniels
- Officials working to contain Yellow Bluff wildfire, investigating cause of fire
© 2019 Cox Media Group.