Union County deputies rescue family dog from burning trailer

Two Union County Deputies saved a family dog from a double-wide fire.

UNION COUNTY, Fla. — On Monday afternoon, Union County deputies received a call about a double-wide trailer engulfed in flames near S. County Road 229.


Deputies arrived within minutes to find the owner outside her trailer with minor injuries and suffering from smoke inhalation.

Union County Rescue arrived to assist and treat the homeowner.

Read: Jacksonville Fire and Rescue respond to fire near Edwards Park

The woman said the family dog was trapped inside a pet cage in the burning trailer.

Deputy Stock and Deputy Evans didn’t waste any time. They found a nearby pool ladder and were able to make entry into the double-wide through a window. Once inside, they worked through thick smoke to find the dog.

Union County Deputies received the call for assistance to S. CR 229 to a doublewide trailer fully engulfed in flames.

The deputies were able to pass the dog back through the window, saving his life.

On top of the heroic acts of both deputies, this was Evans first day on the job.

Forestry and fire units from Bradford, Baker and Union Counties responded to assist with putting out the fire.

[SIGN UP: Action News Jax Daily Headlines Newsletter]

The fire scene was turned over to the State Fire Marshall. The Red Cross is also assisting.