JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — 10/27 UPDATE: The shuttle from Florida State College of Jacksonville's South Campus for the Sea and Sky Air Show is sold out for Sunday, according to event officials. They encourage attendees to take other methods to get to the beach, like rideshare, or riding a bike.
10/26 UPDATE: The shuttle from Florida State College of Jacksonville's South Campus for the Sea and Sky Air Show is sold out for Saturday, according to event officials. They encourage attendees to take other methods to get to the beach, like rideshare, or riding a bike. Shuttle passes for Sunday are still available for purchase online.
Military and civilian flight teams will perform aerial acts and military demonstrations over the water for viewers from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Air performances begin at noon.
Viewers can watch the show from the beach or their boats along Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach or Jacksonville Beach, according to the event website. The main venue area is located at 501 1st Street North in Jacksonville Beach.
- Admission is free.
- There is a street festival in Jacksonville Beach, which includes displays of aircraft, military vehicles, simulators, a kid zone and more; there is a VIP area for people who have purchased tickets.
- Lawn chairs or blankets are allowed; there is also an observation deck in the Seawalk Pavilion lawn at Jacksonville Beach.
- Event coordinators recommend using a beach umbrella for shade rather than a tent to help prevent obstruction of view for other patrons; if you decide to use a tent, they are only allowed on the beach.
- Service animals are the only pets allowed.
- Coolers are not allowed in the main street festival area.
- Ear protection is recommended.
- As always, sitting, standing, walking, playing or being on the dunes in any form or fashion is NOT allowed and against the law.
- Patrons are allowed to swim and/or surf at this year's event, but no further than 300 feet from shore; parasailing, kites and balloons are not permitted.
- If it rains, the show will go on with potential postponements; if there is lightning in the area or worse, the air show command will make an announcement via social media and at the main event.
- U.S. Army Golden Knights
- Redline Air Shows
- Jim Tobul Corsair
- Scott Yoak Quicksilver P-51
- Class of '45 featuring the P-51 & Corsair
- Aeroshell Aerobatic Team
- U.S. Air Force Air National Guard flyby featuring F15
- U.S. Coast Guard Search & Rescue Demo
- Bill Stein Edge 540 Airshow
- Vampire Airshows Aerobatics
- U.S. Air Force F-35 Demo
- GEICO Skytypers
- Miss GEICO
- U.S. Army Golden Knights
- Commemorative Air Force Red Tail Squadron
- CAF Red Tail Squadron
- U.S. Navy Blue Angels
And more. Click here for the full list.
Action News Jax reporter Bridgette Matter spent Thursday flying with the Blue Angels -- check out the video from her flight:
© 2020 Cox Media Group