JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Columbia County Sheriff's Office arrested Dale Lawrence Irwin, 37, on Tuesday, July 30 after he allegedly strangled his daughter after she made macaroni and cheese, police say.
Police were dispatched to the Sundial Place Apartments at 9:21 p.m. after a report of a domestic violence situation, according to the report. When police arrived, Irwin's alleged girlfriend said that he was woken up from his sleeping and began yelling at his daughter for cooking.
The alleged girlfriend said that Irwin began breaking plates. Then, as his daughter was sitting in a recliner chair, Irwin grabbed her by the neck and began strangling her, the woman told police. Irwin's daughter was gasping for air, according to the report.
When Irwin's daughter left the apartment and tried to drive away, Irwin stabbed the front tire of the vehicle. Irwin told her if police were called that he was not going to come out of the apartment, the report stated.
- Teen shot in fourth shooting reported in Jacksonville Tuesday night
- Wife of Clay County Sheriff Darryl Daniels files for a divorce
- 'Cease and desist' issued to Jacksonville adult entertainment club
- St. Augustine man arrested after pulling gun on woman who refused to try his vape pen at McDonald's
- Woman killed at fire station while trying to get away from husband, sheriff says
Police could not make contact with Irwin and an entry team was formed to gain access into the apartment. Once inside, Irwin was found in the shower and would not come out. Police had to assist Irwin to the ground and place him in handcuffs.
Irwin was then placed under arrest on alleged domestic battery by strangulation charges and transported to the Columbia County Detention Facility, police say.
© 2020 Cox Media Group