Counties in Northeast Florida are beginning to release shelter information as Hurricane Dorian nears Florida's East Coast.
Action News Jax will continue to update this story with the latest shelter information as it becomes available:
Duval County: Shelters will open at 10 a.m. on Monday
- Abess Park Elementary (General Population)
- Andrew Robinson (General Population)
- Arlington Middle School (General Population)
- Atlantic Coast High School (Special Needs/Pet Friendly)
- Chimney Lakes Elementary School (General Population/Pet Friendly)
- Enterprise Elementary (Special Needs)
- Landmark Middle School (General Population/Pet Friendly)
- Mandarin Middle School (General Population/Pet Friendly)
- Oceanway Elementary School (Special Needs)
- Twin Lakes Elementary School (General Population)
‼️ DUVAL COUNTY EVACUATION INFORMATION ‼️Shelters will be open up on Monday, September 2, 2019 at 10:00 AM. ‼️ Mandatory evacuations for Zones A and B start September 2, 2019 at 8:00 AM. ‼️#HurricaneDorian #JaxReady @CityofJax @AtlanticBeachPD @NeptBchPolice @COJB_Government pic.twitter.com/uXknLSxDOu— JaxReady (@JaxReady) September 2, 2019
St. Johns County: Six shelters will open at 8 a.m. Monday. The County is prepared to open additional shelters as needed. The following shelters will be open to the public:
- Pacetti Bay Middle School, 245 Meadowlark Ln. (Special needs)
- Timberlin Creek Elementary School, 555 Pine Tree Ln. (Pet-friendly)
- Southwoods Elementary, 4750 State Road 206. (Pet-friendly)
- Pedro Menendez High School, 600 State Road 206 West. (General population)
- Bartram Trail High School, 7399 Longleaf Pine Pkwy. (General population)
- Osceola Elementary, 1605 Osceola Elementary Rd. (General population)
Shelters will open Tuesday, Sept. 3 at the following locations:
- Clay High School, 2025 FL-16, Green Cove Springs
- Orange Park High School, 2300 Kingsley Ave, Orange Park (pet friendly)
- Keystone Heights Junior/Senior High, 900 Orchid Ave, Keystone Heights (pet friendly)
- Wilkinson Elementary, 4965 Co. Road 218, Middleburg
Nassau County: Two shelters are opening at 8 a.m. Monday.
- Hilliard Middle Senior High (Special medical needs only, Pet-friendly))
- Callahan Middle (General population, Pet-friendly)
- If you need to shelter your horse, Kayla Randoplph of Appy Acres will be accepting them at 25101 County Road 121 in Hilliard. Please call 904-583-1321.
You can view the evacuation map and locate your zone here.
Putnam County: Shelters will open Monday at 2 p.m.
- Interlachen Elementary School
- Q.I. Roberts Middle School
- Kelley Smith Elementary School (Special Needs)
- Ochwilla Elementary School (Pet Friendly)
- Browning Pearce Elementary School
- Middleton-Burney Elementary School
GEORGIA SHELTER INFORMATION:
The Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency has a full list of shelter information listed here.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.