The mother of Lonzie Barton was moved to a different jail.
Lonna Lauramore Barton moved from the Baker County Jail to the Gadsden Correctional Facility. This comes after her attorney asked that she be moved to a different jail because of worries that she'll be targeted by other inmates.
Lauramore Barton is serving time for charges of child neglect and giving false information to police in connection with her son's death. She later pleaded guilty to four felony drug charges in Baker County.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Casey Anthony paid criminal defense attorney with sex, private detective claims in court papers
- Partially nude selfie of Clay County firefighter posted online
- Three separate crashes with overturned vehicles snarl traffic
- Jacksonville officer caught slamming teen into wall in newly released video
- Mother confessed in smothering death of 4-day-old infant, deputies say