JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. — Jacksonville beachgoers -- enjoy The Pier Cantina & Sandbar while you still can.
The restaurant's management tells Action News Jax the property was purchased as part of redeveloping Jacksonville Beach.
The construction of the SpringHill Suites hotel is set to begin later this year on the property.
CONTENT CONTINUES BELOW:
- Coast Guard, other agencies searching for two missing firefighters off coast of Port Canaveral
- WATCH: Alligator climbs fence at Naval Air Station Jacksonville
- Three car pileup in McDonald's drive-thru
- Father of 4 who was former Raines, EWC football player killed in Jacksonville
- Family identifies woman whose body was found 8 miles from hit-and-run site
- PHOTOS: Alligator seen climbing fence at Naval Air Station Jacksonville
"As we continue to live and work in the area, we hope that the recent turnover within The City of Jacksonville Beach government along with all the planned development will finally be the boost that the area needs to put in on the right path," management stated.
The Mexican eatery will close its doors on Sept. 22.
Cox Media Group